Letsuck dealer: "Change 'Lifetime' transmission fluid every 30k."

Like I said that was many year’s ago both bill’s got tuned in to the main office and I never heard no more about it from what you said it probably a screw up at hospital’s end.

He spent 7 minutes with you in the OR, but spent a lot more time obtaining the drugs and getting to your hospital. The anesthesiologist probably stayed for the entire operation in case he was needed. $2600 is a lot of money for sure, but there’s more to it than you imply.

Reminds me of an 80s comedy with Peter Sellers as chief of “VISTA VIEW HOSPITAL” in California which specialized in patients with high medical insurance coverage. Canadian tourists to the US usually carry special health and accident insurance packages, since just breaking your arm can cost $25000 before they can make it back to Canada.

The film was called “WHERE DOES IT HURT”

Actually, everyone that travels outside their country of citizenship should check their insurance to make sure they are covered. Many policies won’t do it. If I travel overseas for business, my company has insurance for me. You might also have coverage as a perk on your credit card.

1 Like

That’s a good point. My company also covers me when I travel out of country. I also have a company credit card. In fact when travel overseas I leave my personal credit cards at home.

Whenever I travel I get travel insurance. Not only will it cover emergency medical stuff, often including getting you back home for treatment, but it also covers a bunch of other issues that interrupt your trip for any reason.

Came in rather handy when the pandemic forced us to cancel our vacation.

1 Like

We started buying travel insurance when we went to Cozumel for a week. My cousin, a travel agent, suggested that we get it; she always does. BTW, Cozumel is a great family vacation. It isn’t easy to get to, but worth the trip. You fly to Cancun, ride the bus about 45 minutes south, then take a 45 minute boat ride to Cozumel. We stayed at the Melia hotel, a Spanish chain. Great hotel, reasonable price, lots of fun. A couple days after arrival, the staff will start teaching you Spanish.

1 Like

A co-worker booked a cruise, no travel insurance, in 1998. Then half of Florida caught fire. She wanted to cancel her cruise, no refund w/o travel insurance. She stayed home as the fire approached their property. Her husband took one of his buddies on the cruise.
When she came back to work all she would say is “I don’t want to talk about it”.

1 Like

I love Cozumel. And not just for the weather and culture, but the cars too. They’ve got stuff we can’t get here that makes me jealous. I even like the oddball little dune buggies all the self-driving tour companies use:

I tend to embarrass my wife when we travel because I get all excited about stupid crap like that. We got some very curious looks from tour bus operators in Jamaica the last time we were there. The place was crawling with Toyota Hiaces, which to my warped mind is the coolest looking van on the planet, and here I was on one of the best islands in the Caribbean surrounded by fantastic mountains and oceans, and I’m walking around taking all these pictures of vans. :smiley: