Last year of car manufacturing

Agreed. A Toy. Solara is a 2 door Camry and some common parts do not interchange. This is a nice car but there are not a lot of them out there. Getting LKQ parts can be very hard for this.

I had until recently, an 86 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon. This model was a limited production vehicle that was discontinued in 1988, but I was always able to get parts for it. I don’t think you will have a problem.

That’s not necessarilly only a short term issue with depreciation. My boss has been trying to sell our old 94 Astro van, which I think was the last year they used the same body style they’d used since the mid-80’s. He’s asking a fair price for a van that age, but the trouble is that you see Astros from the 80’s around town that look exactly the same going for 500 bucks and vans from the next year that have the new body going for about the same as what we’re asking. He’s probably going to end up having to sell it for a lot less than it’s worth.

Of course, it’s also exacerbated by the fact that nobody wants the darn things!

I asked the same question when I decided to buy an off-lease 2000 Olds Silhouette (van) in 2003.

I contacted GM and was told parts would still be available for 15 years after the Olds stopped being built (2006).

Trim parts would be a bit more difficult to find as time went by than drivetrain parts.

The plastic cup holders in the 3 GM sisters (Venture, Montana and Silhouette) were never any good to begin with and next to impossible to locate (in the Silo) when moving. Had to buy my own.

Parts will not be a problem. Normally the car makers are required to support parts for up to 10 years after discontinuing a model. Sometimes a dealer only part, if needed, can be an aggravation to track down because it may lead to nationwide dealer searches, etc. (Generally done by the local dealer with the computer)

Almost every part you will ever need should be readily available at most parts houses anyway. It’s a non-issue IMHO.

Solara parts are mostly Camry parts. Since mechanical parts are the most likely to be problematic, the OP should have access to them for quite a while.

Consumer-unfriendly administration is so right-on, VDCdriver! I would add, downright anti-American, too.