Laramie wyoming ford refuses warranry work on truck purchased elsewhere

Hello, I was at my local dealer yesterday and was told they didnt have to do warranty work on a truck I bought out of town. Any ideas on how to procede?

Your Owner’s Manual will have the telephone number to contact Ford Customer Relations. I suspect that they will intervene for you as all authorized dealers are required to provide warranty service. However, if the selling dealer is within 50 miles, it is normally the selling dealer who provides the warranty service for you. I don’t know if that is a hard-and-fast rule, or if that is just general practice, however.

Well after talking to three vice presidents at corporate they have agreed to fix it at my local ford store. Grumble Grumble.

Could this be one of those extended “warranty” (insurance policy) deals?

If it is a legitimate factory warranty repair then the dealer cannot refuse to repair it. Federal law says so.

If the repair is an extended service warranty repair then they can refuse to repair it.

I agree.

I would also like to know if it was a aftermarket extended waranty or the factory warranty.

Absolutly Correct…

Hello and thanks for the attention all-factory waranty to begin with-brand new '07 F150… The problem was a dash board warning light for the tire pressure sensors. Apon further investigation it seems the dealer I bought the truck at had replaced the wheels with aftermarket ones (more shiny) and neglected to reinstall the sensors-ergo the warning light. After a couple of calls to corporate customer service they have agreed to fix the problem locally and refund the money I paid for the ‘diagnostic’ charge yesterday…Thank you Ford, I wanted to believe it was the best selling American truck for a reason…

Hello and thanks for the attention all-factory waranty to begin with-brand new '07 F150… The problem was a dash board warning light for the tire pressure sensors. Apon further investigation it seems the dealer I bought the truck at had replaced the wheels with aftermarket ones (more shiny) and neglected to reinstall the sensors-ergo the warning light. After a couple of calls to corporate customer service they have agreed to fix the problem locally and refund the money I paid for the ‘diagnostic’ charge yesterday…Thank you Ford, I wanted to believe it was the best selling American truck for a reason…