Kia missing after changes

I have a 2005 sedona. It started missing so I had the COP/plugs and wires changed. It stopped missing for about 4 weeks and is starting to miss again…any idea what could cause this?

is the check engine light on? if so have the codes read and let us know the results.

No the check engine light has not come on. It wasn’t on when I had them changed nor is it on now…just missing.

A side question since I have a 2002 sedona, have you had the timing belt changed? if so how long ago and how many miles did you go on the first one.

you should have the system scanned to determine if any fault codes are stored.
if no codes are found then a scanner should be connected and drive the car with scanner reading the electronics. see what happens that way. at least it should be able to determine the problem area

Have someone connect a scanner check for pending codes. These are codes the computer stores when there’s a problem with the engine management system, but hasn’t occured enough to set a hard code.

Also, a dirty/defective Mass Air Flow sensor can cause misfire problems. And because it’s one of the primary input signals into the computer, it can have a problem but not turn on the Check Engine light.

Tester

Thanks for the advise. I was just confused because the engine light hasn’t came on so I wasn’t sure what the heck to do. Also crazy that the coil, spark plug/wire change worked for a few weeks then it started again…it’s not a constant miss. First noticed while backing out of a parking place then it gets progressively worse to occasional driving miss.

My first question:

Is it COP (Coil on Plugs), or is it spark plug wires and spark plugs?
Because if its the former, you can’t have changed any wires, and if its the latter, you couldn’t have changed the COP sticks.

Next up, you should double check that everything is snapped on tight.
Sometimes something isn’t properly snapped into place, and pops free after a bit of time.

If that doesn’t resolve it, you will need to check the spark plugs, to see which one is the culprit, and then look into the possible causes.

BC.

OK I am ignorant with cars…I was told the “coil” was replaced because it was burnt up. I know this was done because I was given the receipt…also know the spark plugs were changed because the mechanic bought a “higher” grade than I had purchased to use and also gave me the receipt on these. I was just assuming it was COP but it could have been a different coil, ignition coil. To be honest, I didn’t even ask and just assumed since I asked for the wires/plugs to be changed it was a plug wire connection…

Well, there is some ambiguity in exactly what was replaced and I don’t know the specific ignition system in this vehicle. But sometimes if ignition system components get replaced and only temporarily fix a problem such as misfire, it is because some other part of the system is actually the root cause - damaging the initial components and then damaging the new component. (E.g. a PCM problem can damage coils; ignition modules can be damaged by failing ignition coils, etc.)