Just when I thought I'd seen it all

Some lawyer is already calling them so they can sue the car manufacturer. When the jury sees the photo of the car they will be awarded $3 million.

1 Like

Please don’t make major changes to the things I post and then attribute my name to them.

2 Likes

Fixed above

There was an explosion and fire involving a Chevy van near Bellevue around 2011. The passengers were fueling the engine by pouring gas from open buckets into a funnel on top of the carb, with more buckets in the back. Then the engone backfired into an interior full of gas fumes. Severe burns but no fatalities.

• List item

I could NOT find any sources saying crack pipe.
As they neared the exit, the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion that blew out the side of the Kia and caused the driver to crash into a pole. Orlando Police said in a tweet that the couple received non-life-threatening burns and were taken to a local hospital. Looking at the damage, it’s safe to say they’re lucky to be alive.

Maybe it’s fake news??
:wink:

1 Like

Yeah, but what was in the cigarette?

Amen to that comment!
I was actually quite amazed that they survived without serious injury. I can only surmise that the grill was in the trunk and the rear seats protected them from the shock wave… and perhaps from much of the heat blast.

Let this news item be a warning to us all of the dangers of volatile gasses, especially in cars.

People can be simply stupid. When I served on a condo board we had a discussion on grills, which were illegal to have in a multifamily dwelling (gas grills illegal, storage of charcoal grill legal but storage of lighter fluid illegal). This discussion was sparked by some renters who set up a charcoal grill between two buildings since they claimed it was just 15 feet from either building. They claimed they didn’t store lighter fluid in their unit, which would have been illegal. We simply made all grilling on condo property against the rules.

Off the point but I will mention that the only time we had a fire in our development was when these idiots had a party and a smoker started a fire on the desk when they dropped a cigarette. Landlord was not pleased.

Our management company told us stories about properties they managed and gas grills. One condo owner understood that gas grills were illegal. He understood it so well that he built a box on his deck to hide his grill. He burned down the entire building.