First of all, I live in Florida. In April, took my wife’s 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 to my local import repair shop to have the a/c looked at. I explained that it took about 5-10 minutes to cool, depending on driving conditions. They looked at it, checked the pressure and said it looks fine. No problems. It also wasn’t a very hot day when they looked at it. So now I need some help diagnosing this problem so maybe I can fix it myself. To better diagnose, I have the following facts:
- From a cold start, when the a/c is turned on and set to highest fan speed and coolest setting, both engine cooling fans do not spin.
- While driving- the higher the rpm’s, the faster the a/c gets cool.
- Cools faster at highway travel.
- After returning from a drive and parked at an idle, the engine is hot, both engine cooling fans are seen and heard running while a/c is still on.
- While idling in the driveway after a drive, when I decrease the a/c interior fan speed to 1 or 2, the engine cooling fans slow down.
- While idling in the driveway, when I turn the a/c off, the engine cooling fans slow further.
- A/C is ice cold when working, maybe 45 degrees.
- High and low pressure are correct.
- Engine temp is within normal limits.
Does anyone know what part I need to repair or replace? Thank you all for your insight.