Jeep Liberty loses power and completely dies... randomly

I guess the best way to go through my question is to discuss the sequence of events that occurs.

While driving my emergency brake light and ABS lights will go off on my dash board, occasionally while this happens I can feel my ABS breaks fire. The lights go out things run fine for a few more minutes. Then the process starts over and escalates itself this time the breaks go through and fire, headlights flicker, cd changer goes crazy… and quintessentially the car totally loses power and dies. Nothing, not even hazard lights work. The car either coast to a stop or I have to pull the E break and help it.

Now comes the real bizarre part. After the car has freaked out. If the key is just left in the Ignition, exactly how it was when it died…It turns back on. Everything turns back on. It like reboots itself and I drive off hoping that the process doesn’t randomly repeat itself.

Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Sounds like a battery or alternator. Are the battery connections clean?

Same thing happened to us…the car was so dead that the door locks didn’t even work. It turned out to be the radio powering on when the car was off and draining the battery.

Model-Year ?
CSA

“Same thing happened to us…the car was so dead that the door locks didn’t even work.”

Stone dead battery ? Same thing ? How did you start it so that you could experience driveability problems ?

CSA