Jeep Cherokee alignment

I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee, which I bought new in February. It currently has about 5,700 miles on it. I took it to the dealer for an oil change, tire rotation and alignment. The first two items were easily handled but when it came to the alignment, the technician indicated that it was so far off it couldn’t be aligned! He recommended I take it to a body shop to see if something is bent. I requested the alignment because I had gently bumped a couple of curbs, but nothing major. I requested the alignment only for preventative maintenance reasons, not for any issues. The car tracks OK, there is no noticeable tire wear and there is no shake felt through the steering wheel. Is it possible an alignment cannot be done on this car? Did the factory install something incorrectly? Is the technician an idiot?
I’d like to get some feedback before I spend a lot of time and money trying to chase down the issue (if in fact there is one).

It’s under warrantee, so it’s the dealer responsibility to fix it. But if you did some damage by hitting a curb, then that is outside the warrantee.

I’d push the dealer to determine the problem. They should have that capability. Then you can decide on an action. Also, you can get the numbers of the alignment and post them here.