Isn't the dipstick supposed to match the actual amount of oil needed?

The sludge-prone Toyota engines were all V6s, and I believe they were model years 1998-2002 or something close to that range. Your I4 isn’t one of the sludge-prone engines. You are wasting your money on synthetic oil.

I don’t HAVE an I4 engine. I have a 2Z or 3Z, I can’t remember which. And I prefer using synthetic oil.

The Z2 and Z3 are I4 engines. I4 means it is an inline four cylinder engine. I4 is not a special designation, like Z2 and Z3.

It looks like you were right, Whitey. The OP obviously has no idea what he is doing. I wouldn’t let him anywhere near any of my cars.

Takes one to know one, kay sikki ya.

We call it “Whitey’s Law” around here (don’t worry if you don’t get it ,you are new).

While Fram may be adequate, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of engine damage being attributed to using one, here is a good reason to avoid them:

I’m sorry That I caught this thread late and on a weekend. I will try to find out the oil capacity, but you can contact a local shop that has “ALL DATA” or “SHOP KEY” to find this info.

It is possible you have a “Typo” error in our owners manual. If the dipstick came with the truck when you bought it new, then I would go by the dipstick. I would check the dipstick in the morning on level ground, after the truck sat overnight.

I’m surprised you use the worst rated oil filter .More that one Porsche has died because of a Fram filter.

One common belief some women have is that these jaybirds talk nonsense to women because they think women are dumb. I have not found that to be a true statement. Most men who will lie to a woman will also lie to a man if they think they can get away with it. I am much smarter than I look, and that is a normal thing for me to be talked to that way.

And, once by a woman manager in a quick oil change place. She told me my oil was black and so I needed to pay for an engine flush. If it had been a man that insulted my intelligence like that we’d have been rolling around on the floor trying to gouge each other’s eyes out. Because it was a woman, I just told her no.

His car has 180,000 miles on it. Sounds like he is doing fine, just worried about something he isn’t sure of, wanting to do his best.

Last updated 1/09/08…Sorry.