Is it strictly necessary to bleed the clutch?

db you are right as double clutching does mean using the clutch pedal on a gas engine it is almost required but with a diesel it is very easy to shift without the clutch once you get rolling.

Shifting without stepping on the clutch is easiest on close ratio transmissions and 10+ speed diesels are very close ratio plus they have very narrow rpm operating ranges. And cluthless shifting goes by several names, double clutching among them. Early non syncronized gear boxes were easier to shift without the clutch.

1 Like

Well, whoever does that is wrong. ā€œDouble clutchingā€ means what it saysā€¦using the clutch twice per shift.

1 Like

Had to use the no clutch method for a bit, do not remember car or truck, but yes revving the engine then gently pushing the gear shift waiting for it to drop into place worked.
Remember in Greece once riding the used trains they bought from France, going downhill the clickity clack of the weels on the tracks kept getting faster, as the gears were grinding trying to get into a lower gear, old ladies with a chicken in a plastic bag under the seat started saying oshikola (this is not good), praying on their rosary and making sign of the cross.
The train eventually fell into gear, and I was like I am getting off at the next stop!
Next stop 3 ramshacle buildings and 4 goats, made it to whatever pointt to get to the the peloponnese islands

Ok, but given the fact that both involve shifting to neutral then into another gear, you could be forgiven for using one term to describe the other.

I was looking forward to clutchless shifting my way to the mechanic but my clutch had somehow restored enough pressure to the clutch pedal that I was able to just drive it there. Now itā€™s my mechanicā€™s problem lol.

Now if I could only get freaking Honda to honor their ā€˜lifetimeā€™ seatbelt warranty on my dangerous seatbelts Iā€™d be good to go.

Thatā€™s a crazy story man, I wish Iā€™d been there. Have you traveled a lot? I am looking to move away because Iā€™m a young man and donā€™t want to pay into systems like Medicare and social security that are headed for defunding. If they are actively trying to disenfranchise the youth here, why not go somewhere else. Whatā€™s the best place youā€™ve been to?

My favorite City is San Francisco (lived there with my girlfriend), but that does not appear as an option given your list of priorities, Lucerne Switzerland was a good multicultural melting pot, lots of Americans and friendly people. Barcelona Spain would be high on my list, but many Americans buy villas in Tuscanny, Bruges Belgium was another favorite City, as was Athens, I would take any one of those, So far for me looking to retire in a couple of years, condo somewhere then a couple or 3 mobile homes in parks, good luck to ya, but my choice may not be your choice. Ran out of money once waiting for a job in Geneva Switzerland, they seem very open to hiring Americans

I donā€™t think I would ever have the time or inclination to correct everyone for petty errors such as that @insightful. And Iā€™m grateful that most people overlook my many petty errors. Maybe if I was perfect I wouldnā€™t feel so generous with everyone else though.

Yeah , maybe if I was prefect, someone might forgive my pretty errors, kind of like the king of spain had a lisp, barsalona became bartheloma and is pronounced bartheloma to this day.
Prefect " a person appointed to any of various positions of command, authority, or superintendence, as a chief magistrate in ancient Rome or the chief administrative official of a department of France or Italy."
Ok to keep it car related if trump pronounced it priuth would it stick? Has not worked for Gina.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

I just feel itā€™s important to be technically correct about cars on a car-centric siteā€¦obviously, others feel differently.

[BTW, every shift between gears in OPā€™s car goes through neutral whether you use the clutch or not.]

;-]

1 Like

If you arenā€™t mechanically inclined, towing is the best choice. For diyā€™er, canā€™t speak to the Accord, but bleeding my Corollaā€™s clutch hydraulics after a clutch mc replacement took me about 5 minutes, not overly complicated at all. All done standing up with the car parked in the driveway, nothing to do under the car.