Is It Better To Lease or Purchase New Cars?

Hey Rocky, this thread now has 160 posts and the consensus is leasing for individuals is dumb and only for companies tax deductions.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always thought that leasing was for people who wanted to be seen in a car that was generally above their pay grade. You might be able lease that Benz for $399 a month, but it would be $750 a month to finance.

And you have zero equity in the vehicle. Lets say that you paid $300 a month for a two year lease. Thatā€™s $7200 that you spent, but you have nothing to show for it at the end of the lease. That $7200 vanished, like a fart in the wind. For your $7200 you rented a car with strict mileage limits for two years. Not worth it IMHO.

I will say that for certain business uses, leasing can be advantageous, but for the average consumer, itā€™s an expensive way to drive a new a car.

Also, this question is basically spam from a dealer conglomerate based out of California.

Knew a girl in college, worked on her farm detasseling corn, I have never eaten spam knowingly, blood sausage I have eaten, never a pickled pigs foot, or herring, now how to get car related, is that a troutmobile?