Is engine checked normal in carfax history

I am looking at a 2002 second hand car and find that there has been two engine checked history in carfax in 2005 and 2008. Do that mean the car has some problems with engine? Or it may be just normal check

I Don’t Know. Personally, I Would Never Buy A Car Based On What Is In, Or Not In, A For-Profit Data Base.

Pay a competent mechanic to inspect any car that you are seriously considering to buy. He/she will list items of concern and place dollar values on them. Even if you have to walk away from the car, it will be money well-spent. Should the selling party balk at the check-out, look somewhere else.

Thank you for your reply, I have had a competent mechanic to check it. I was told that everything is fine.

Don’t put a lot of faith into Carfax or any other service like this. The info is frequently lacking, incorrect, or both.
Carfax has become a sales tool for dealers more than anything else IMHO. Kind of a “got a CF report that looks good so you can rest assured you’re buying a quality car”. Or not.

thank you very much