Invoice price

Does any site give the invoice price without requiring my personal information?

just cash

i think consumer reports will give you the invoice price for $75 or so. (but you do have to join for a month)

Actually Autotrader.com will provide you with invoice pricing. At least the base invoice price. It will give you invoice for different stock trim models but doesn’t give you invoice for various options. It used to be easier to find the info. You just have to go to the research page and search for the particular car. Pricing info includes the invoice, MSRP, and destination fee for your particular zip.

edmunds.com , they only ask for zip code to show appropriate rebates and fees related to your area.

i believe that they only give msrp, and incentives for free. you can call a dealership and get that.

Edmunds gives the invoice for different models and the options as well. Great info to use when shopping.

ref

Of course since customers started finding invoice numbers, the industry has played so many games with them that they are not of much use.

You can get a pretty fair approximation of what the dealer actually pays for a car. Just have to do some research. And in some states that information is PUBLIC.

Cars.com and vehix.com offers this information, too. Check them all to see how they compare. Note that the invoice price does not include shipping (destination fees) or advertising fees. The destination charges are always itemized and advertising is often itemized as well. Invoice price is usually a few percent over the price the dealer actually pays at delivery. The spread is an accounting gimmick to save on transaction costs. The balance is a loan that is paid periodically. The accountants get together and determine what is owed on all the cars sold, say, quarterly based on how long each car sat on the dealer’s lot. This is why the car companies have financial groups, like GMAC. Loans to buyers is a more recent development.

the actual msrp is required by law to be on the factory invoice posted on the car. you will pay this amount no matter what.
The real trick is weeding through the who keeps the rebate, interest rate jargon, and the option package number juggling.

Not true. MSRP is only a suggestion, not the real actual price. It’s only a guide (FYI) only. Even the invoice price is still not the real price. The real price will be the price agreed upon between you & the dealer after much haggling, including the rebates & discounts, & trade-ins, etc… For the dealer, their actual costs include the rebates, cash discounts, purchase discounts, monthly sales discounts, quarterly sales discounts, annual discounts, etc…Of course they don’t tell you about them.

the sticker price is NOT the dealer invoice price. the MSRP is the “manufacturers suggested retail price” this is just where the manufacturer and the dealer agree the usual price should start to be “haggled” at.

the invoice price is hidden, and anyone who states you can get it for free, or that it is public record has been mislead.

you can see the “invoice price” at the dealer, just ask them. but that is NOT the real invoice price to the dealer.

any ex car salemen here to give the straight scoop, right from the horses mouth?

i disagree of course because i’ve had this discussion in the shop with several factory reps and what they say is good enough for me since i have the utmost respect for these 2 guys (1 subaru rep and 1 vw rep)after dealing with them a lot over the years.

i stick with my comment that the car will be sold for the real msrp subject to rebate games, interest twiddling, etc, and not one cent less. same with the freight charges.

as the reps put it ; the customer is GOING to pay that price (real msrp)no matter what. after that the dealer can do what they want.