Intermittent vibrations on interstate going over 65mph

I have an 05 hyundai sonata V6 automatic. Intermittent vibration on interstate once get over 65mph. Been happening for sometime now. Slowly getting worse. Felt passenger side front initially. Took sometime feel in the steering wheel. Starting to pull too the right. Vibration feels side to side. Ideas???

That could be caused by a minor tire-balance problem. Maybe a wheel weight fell off. If so , it should be easy to diagnose and fix by any well-recommended local tire shop.

There may be a tire with a belt separation.

Tester

1 Like

Welcome to the forum…

When was the last rotate and balance?
Last Alignment check/set??

Have a full service automotive/tire shop check out your tires, suspension and alignment… Not Discount Tire, Walmart, Sam’s or Costco etc etc…

1 Like

What you’re describing could be no big deal (like tire balance) … or it could be potentially deadly. (E.g. belt separation on the tires, failing tie rod end, ball joint or wheel bearing).

Like @davesmopar said, just take it to a shop. Find a locally owned place with a decent reputation that specializes in alignments and tires. (I have several near me - they’re quite common). Get it checked out. A locally owned alignment/tire place is a good one-stop shop for an issue like this.

5 Likes