Intermittent Squeaking from 2016 Rogue when A/C is on

Hi! I’m hearing a squeaking noise coming from near the centre of the console in my 2016 Nissan Rogue when the A/C runs. It’s independent of speed, drive/park, etc. and happens intermittently. It doesn’t sound like it’s coming from the passenger side where the serpentine belt is; more from the centre of the console and it’s fairly loud inside the cabin. Mostly comes in chirps/squeaks of two or three in a row, then nothing for a bit. I tried uploading an audio file but as a new user it seems I can’t, sorry!

Any suggestions are helpful, thanks!

edit: i uploaded the sound to a youtube video here https://youtube.com/shorts/XrDqGdK_WPI?si=ionL_5j09jgKlYKy

The AC evaporator is located behind that area of the dash.

And connected to the evaporator is the expansion valve.

The expansion valve is what controls the refrigerant entering the evaporator by converting the refrigerant from a high pressure liquid to a low pressure gas.

And since the noise occurs in that area of the dash only when the AC is turned on, I’m going guess the expansion valve is making the noise.

I would connect a set of gauges to system and see if the pressure readings change when the noise occurs.

Tester

Does changing the hvac passenger compartment fan (blower) speed affect the sound? Or changing the A/C vent door configuration?