Interesting bicycles, some electric, one like a retro motorcycle

I just got a a Sun Trike. It has a basket in back for carrying things. I run errands around the area with it. I really like it.

I have to work on my two Trek bicycles because they are in bad shape.

Single speed, 3 speed, 7 speed? Where do you ride? Residential streets? Do you have access to trails?
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

The Sun trike is a single speed with hand brakes. I ride on the streets, sidewalks, bike paths and a little bit on trails.

1 Like

Sounds good! I hope you’re making yourself highly visible with colors, strobe lights, etcetera, and I hope you’ve got a rear view mirror and use it often.
CSA

1 Like

AAA Road Service subscribers

I have AAA Roadside Assistance and I ride a bicycle. AAA covers bicycles with roadside service as they do cars.

2 days ago, I spotted a AAA Roadside Assistance Truck on Anna Maria Island. It was parked and the driver was working on a computer/tablet device on a fold-down panel on the side of the truck.

The driver was a young guy and lucky enough to be working on the island. I stopped and chatted with him. I asked if he had many bicycle calls and he laughed and said, “Yes, and most of them are at home!” I wasn’t sure what he meant, exactly, until he added, “They call and say they need air.” “I tell them I have some and I’ll be right there!”

So, lots of Snow Birds leave cars here and when they return they call AAA for a jump start. Then when they ride their bikes they call AAA for air.

I can’t be that dependent on others. I do my own charging and my own air, sorry.

I’m only reminding folks that if they need help with their bicycle, have a cell phone, and they are stranded that they can use AAA Roadside Assistance.
CSA

I wonder if they would do a wheelbarrow tire!

I’d say “yes,” if you’d push it out to the street and on to the shoulder and call from inside the bed. :grin:
CSA

1 Like