If you were contemplating whether to buy a car via Vroom

I have to say I got a good chuckle, thanks. My story isn’t quite as outrageous, but I’ll share anyway. Car completely blocking my driveway, driver walking away from empty car. I say “I wish you wouldn’t park there”. Driver says “I’m not parking” … lol …

1 Like

It should be common sense to anyone with the intelligence of an average rock that companies such as Vroom and Carvana have a business model which found a niche during the pandemic, but now that the pandemic is over, the business model is over too.

When everyone was afraid of getting sick, people were willing to pay crazy high prices to buy a car online, contact-free, and have it delivered. Now that the pandemic is in our rearview mirror, and people crave in-person experiences (as well as the fact that household budgets are stretched thin), this business model doesn’t stand a snowball’s chance in heck. I expect to see both of these companies collapse into bankruptcy, just like Pets.com, webvan.com, and a plethora of other dotcom stocks.

While this is true, I crave a nice dinner out at a restaurant or a trip to see the home team lose at the ball field.

I don’t know anyone who craves dealing with a dealership. :wink:

2 Likes

Who knows if it is over.

THE CRC HAS STOPPED COLLECTING TESTING DATA

This chart is officially out of date as more than 30 states across the US have stopped reporting testing positivity or significantly scaled down their testing reports.

Maybe a better way to look at it is that it’s much less likely that people will die from COVID-19 that it was a couple of years ago. Infection is understood and there are ways to lessen the severity for almost everyone these days. I think that qualifies as the end of the pandemic.

2 Likes