I have pinging when car first starts in morning . then after 2 minutes goes away. cause?

I THE MORNING WHEN I START UP MY CAR I GET A TAPPING NOISE. AFTER A COUPLE OF MINUTES IT GOES AWAY. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Since the engine is stone-cold at that point, it is unlikely that you are hearing “pinging”.

The tapping that you hear is more likely to be sticking valve lifters or–possibly–piston slap.
However, I am not aware of Corolla engines being known for piston slap.

If you give us details of the car’s maintenance history (especially how often the oil is changed, in terms of both odometer mileage and elapsed time), and its actual model year, you may get more specific responses. Please don’t tell us that the car “has been well-maintained”, as we need specific details on its maintenance history. Also–was this car purchased as a new car, or as a used car?

TOYOTA IS A CAROLLA 1999. OIL IS CHANGED EVERY 3 THOUSAND MILES. THE MILEAGE IS 144 THOUSAND . ADD CAN OF RESTORE EVERY OIL CHANGE !!!

That might be the problem. Why do you think it needs Restore?

I suggest you try plain old motor oil and see if it makes any difference. If the Restore is thickening the oil it may not be moving to the top of the engine quickly enough during cold starts.

Turn off your caps lock key since NO ONE HERE WANTS TO BE YELLED AT!!!

Stop adding restore to your engine. Why would you do that? Was it b/c someone told you that if would help some problem or something. It thickens the oil and over time has probably contributed to gumming up the valves and lifters - esp if the lifters are hydraulic. Guessing then, the oil is not not getting around the top of the engine as well or as fast as it should be.

Use only the oil weight that is recommended for the car and no additives.

I agree with the other posters; a pinging and a tapping noise could signify different things. Now that’s it’s tapping the problem is likely a valve lifter if the tapping is very rhythmnic in nature.
Do away with the Restore treatment. You’re wasting your money.

If the problem is a valve lifter then add a can of SeaFoam or Berryman B-12 to the engine oil. If a lifter is sludged or sticking a bit this could clear it up. If the lifter is faulty then it would need to be replaced. Properly done this means a set of lifters; not just one.