HR 5180 to limit ethanol to 9.7% in fuel

Yeah, you’ve clearly got enough other problems :thumbsup:

So you’re not going to do any of these things . . . ?!

Hug a tree

Buy a Nissan Leaf

Vote for Hillary Clinton

:yum:

The fact is ethanol production doesnt hurt animal feed production that much,cows (which normally have a hard time digesting corn) can more readily assimilate the" pre digested " corn ,I have an idea that maize production in third world countries isnt affected that much .They say car exhaust isnt as “greenhouse” unfriendly as cow flatuance.
As far as toxicity,burn a cup of gasoline or a can of sterno .in a deer blind ( with proper ventilation of course )
But on another phase of this debate , have you noticed the smell of interstate highways these days?

Good morning. @Whitey - yes, the forum has rules, but it’s a) pretty impractical for me or Victoria to step in and redirect every thread we have that evolves away from its original subject and b) undesirable for most participants.

As for the discussion, fun as it may be for some, please keep it tied to cars/fuel/transport, and could you please stick to debating on the merits, rather than the ad hominem? It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye. :wink:

1 Like

You cut and paste two different statements about two different things and then respond as if they are the same. That’s low even fir you Bing. Nice try though.

My apologies if you thought it was taken out of context. I thought it just illustrated an anti-auto sentiment. Sorry if you were offended.

I’m not against autos at all. I also don’t see why people don’t think why we can have a clean environment AND have automobiles. Why do people think they are mutually exclusive?

Before cars, large cities had a problem with horse droppings. Horses were dirty, cars are dirty, but if managed, we can use things wisely and minimize the problem, including cars.

www.banhdc.org/archives/ch-hist-19711000.html

I spent years in the motor fuel ethanol business and never heard this. The DDGS (distillers dried grains with solubles) is mainly a source of protein since the starch has been removed. You fatten a cow on starch, not protein. DDGS is, however, a fair replacement for soybean meal.

From a North Dakota State University article:

But, despite its fiber content, distillers grains mostly consist of small particles, so distillers grain coproducts are considered to contribute less than 15 percent of physically effective fiber to the diet. [Fiber] from long particles is necessary to stimulate rumination health.

Suit yourself ,that is what I been told ,I do know cows have a hard time digesting corn,they are designed to eat grass and browse .

“It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye. :wink:

Here’s a spare :eye:

Ah the evil eye. It’s supposed to bring you luck and protect you from harm. In some cultures they take it very seriously. I had one but have no idea where it is. Our guide gave us each one but I can’t recall what country. I think it was either Turkey or Israel. Mothers wouldn’t send their kids out to school without one pinned to them somewhere. I’m serious.

1 Like

Cows are fed corn, they eat the entire plant. Corn is used to make silage.

In a place where people blow themselves up and attack schools, A mother might resort to superstition because she feels so helpless.

[Nevada_545]
September 8

Cows are fed corn, they eat the entire plant. Corn is used to make silage.

Visit Topic
http://community.cartalk.com/t/hr-5180-to-limit-ethanol-to-9-7-in-fuel/95143/112
or reply to this email to respond. Good point ,I think you can do the
same with alcohol( think switch grass ,sugarcane ,etc .

In Reply To

[kmccune] kmccune http://community.cartalk.com/users/kmccune
September 7

Suit yourself ,that is what I been told ,I do know cows have a hard
time digesting corn,they are designed to eat grass and browse .

Visit Topic
http://community.cartalk.com/t/hr-5180-to-limit-ethanol-to-9-7-in-fuel/95143/112
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
http://community.cartalk.com/email/unsubscribe/4669987c53edb45e5313690a28bd5141a75bec17c430b21108b0fdefe4a405a6.

As a teenager I sometimes took care of some work on a cattle farm and in the winter hay was taken to a mill and ground and various grains added, usually sorghum, but when fattening cattle for slaughter crushed corn was added. A few weeks on corn resulted in well marbled fat that resulted in PRIME grade beef. The cattle seemed to digest it well but it was more expensive than sorghum.

And I have loaded 40 bails of hay on a 1/2 ton LWB Chevrolet pickup and hauled it to the mill. I had to throw off several bales to pass under a 12’ overpass and then drag it under and reload it. And that was before I had a license back in the “Good Ole Days.”

Cows aren’t the only ones that have trouble digesting corn. I never tried grass though-either kind.

2 Likes