How to replace intake manifold gaskets on a4.6L DOHC engine

@George_Dury You need to edit your post. It is never a good idea to put your email on an open web site. You would think everyone would know that by now.

A bit of advice . . .

don’t post your email address, for everybody to see

Sorry about that, iam new to this and I didn’t know! Thank you for letting me know, I won’t do that again! But anyway it said that it was p2004 , and I took the one off the base model96Markviii ! It had a vacuum line to it and also three color coded wires that where the same and I put that one on it and it still is not working right! And I know the part I put on it worked because after I put it on before i put the throttle body i took and with the part hooked up to the runner I squesed the lever all the way up and held my finger over the hole were the vacuum line goes and it held it in place! Also when I start it in this cold weather it has a hard time starting it as if to much air was getting in there and not enough gas! And until it warms up it’s hard to keep it running until it is warm! So the only thing I can think of is the intake manifold gaskets are blown out some where? I have tried a new throtle body and the part that goes on the back of it and a new gasket, also a new mass air flow sensor eveything that I could think of and that people and mechanics that have have offered advice and it just don’t run right! Iam getting so Fed up that iam thinking of taking the engine and trans from my base model that, i kid you not would pull the front wheels off the ground enough from a dead stop, enough to loose shearing for about 3 plus seconds! I was timing it on 0-60 and someone pulled out in front of me just before i got there and it would have got around4.8 to5. 2 from 0to60 ! And I never times it but it would get a little over145 mph top speed and it’s got the3.08to1 rear rear ratio and the LSC that iam tring to get running right has3.28 to1 rear hears! The whole Dan thing is driving me crazy! Can someone please help ! See I hate to take the intake manifold off my base model one and it not work and have to go through all that Bill again! I have a pretty good shape91lincoln towncar exec, series that runs great but the trans just quit working one night, but it does not smell burnt or it looks fine to, i was told by a mechcanic that it could be as easy as the solinoid that hooks up to the trans at the place where the shift lever hooks up at, our he said it had two things in the front of the trans on each side of it under the pan that can just stick and just need to be cleaned and that’s it! But I hate to see it go to the junk yard, that i thought that maybe i could swap it for a96to98intake from mustang cobra svt, that I was told would work as long as i got the right one for my car! Going crazy ! Please help if you can, see i can’t even find anything that will tell me how to take the intake manifold off my car, i can’t find anything on how to do it on aDOHC4.6L motor! I can find anything i want on theSOHC4.6L motor but not a darn thing on theDOHC4.6L motor!

@George_Dury Below the text in your post you will see a pencil looking icon. Click on that and you can edit your post.