How long will the battery last?

miki77—You do know that this is the internet-better known as the (enter at your own risk net)

Wondering how much one of those portable jump starters might charge a battery. You could charge it indoors and use it to start the car, a friend has a truck with 2 batteries, one battery had an inverter hooked up to it, might have been left on, after a bit of sulpher smell for a while, he was driving down the road and the battery exploded. He needed a few days off due to dizziness and vertigo etc, as the cab filled with fumes, only mentioning it as one might wish to avoid killing a battery.

Just two things. First I actually don’t consider a lot of the folks here as strangers as funny as that might sound. I think I have come to know them and their particular points of view and wouldn’t be afraid to ask a question concerning what to do with a car. Second, this isn’t a for hire site, so you really cannot expect to have control over the comments that are made. Make use of the ones you value and discount the ones you don’t. Now if you ask your lawyer a question for $500 an hour, you can expect a direct, on topic answer, but in a coffee shop its a different matter.

The regulars may be used to each other, but please be respectful of the OPs who aren’t part of that group. In the other thread someone accused the OP of having comprehension problems. This type of response casts a negative tone around here.

@cdaquila

“In the other thread someone accused the OP of having comprehension problems.”

Are you talking about the discussion where OP mentioned having aspergers syndrome, and some individual(s) “let it rip”

I agree that it was an ugly situation

I agree with Yosemite. The battery shouldn’t be all that expensive and that sounds like an incredible amount of work for nothing. When was the last time you changed the battery anyway? Under normal driving conditions (which yours is not) it’s recommended to change the battery every 5 years. Depends on use though and most can probably go longer. That is a “best practices” we want you to spend money on your car kind of estimate. But still, if the car is just sitting this changes things too. Can’t really give you a “how long” answer because it varies. I would say put a new battery in it and then see if maybe a family member or friend can make some more use of it. Depends on insurance and everything, but just sitting there, like everyone else said, is not ideal.