How do you get a fair evaluation of the value for a vintage car?

Oh boy, reminds me of Car 54 where are you? Personally it doesn’t do much for me. Its just too new.

Does it look anything like this zero mile '57?

Fire it up! let’s go for a cruise!!

I’m not certain but I think that rusted hulk by the name of Miss Belvedere brought well over 200 grand.
Seeing as how half of that car had dissolved and became rusty water it wasn’t even feasible to use as scrap metal as the weight was halved.

I could be dead wrong but I’ve also been of the opinion that hulk was going to resurface as “restored” and at some point in time (say 10 years) bring 7 figures due to the storyline. There was allegedly a “donor car” to be used as a parts source and my unease was that Miss Belvedere would be 98% donor and 2% original '57. Just my humble opinion anyway.

Kind of like Peter Weller as Alex Murphy in Robocop. Not much of Alex left to work with…

Yep, the glass and lights should still be good. Maybe the mirrors too. What a shame.

Wow, that’s quite a price on that Coronet, for a car that looks quite average on the outside and isn’t even from a premium make. All because of some choice greasy bits, a rare body style for those bits, and condition. Funny how only five of the four doors were made and three still seem to exist.

It’s curious how a car from the mid-sixties can look halfway modern, where a car from just a few years earlier is clearly old. Or is it that I’m looking old, too? It’s a shame my body can’t be in wonderful condition with low miles, but at least I didn’t rust and get sent to the scrap yard.

Any Mopar with a factory 426 hemi is automatically valuable.

This car is a not a Hemi. Plymouth did not want to use the more powerful motor in their cars and offered several high performance wedge-head V8’s (I’m surprised to find!)

danjedlicka.com/classic_cars/1956-58_Plymouth_Fury.html

Sorry, I was talking about the hemi Dodge coronet mentioned above.

my 79 camaro had 78 miles on the odometer in 1995. in 1994, it had 99,999. true story. i swear to god

I’ve done this for a friend and it involved a 1973 Mercedes 450SL and a vintage 1954 Chrysler Saratoga with a Hemi. In both cases, by using Hemming and checking some auction results I got close to what the owner would expect to get.

There are two shops here that refurbishing vintage cars as well as two auction houses that have annual classic car auctions.

The price guides I have provide various estimates for vehicle value based on body style, engine options, and so on.

On the Chrysler products fitted with Hemis it just states “Value Inestimable”. The sky is the limit.

The OP’s situation is unusual because they have a time capsule which can put it out of the book estimates.

The 68 original miles puts it in a special class…No eBay sales for this one…This one goes to Scottsdale or Palm Beach and runs through a Fancy Car Auction. Just get the engine so it starts and runs smoothly and don’t touch anything else…

We may never get more information on this Plymouth. On the topic of low mileage cars, Old Cars Weekly has follow up stories on three of the Lambrecht auction cars;

That '63 Impala is drop dead gorgeous. Kept as a cleaned up time capsule it’s going to bring some huge bucks at some point in time. It cleaned up pretty well.

Looks like it was bought by a Buick-Cadillac dealer to use as eye-candy in his showroom…

Our local GM has that feature .
They built a new showroom a couple years ago because GM mandated a remodel.
Now the old showroom has in it…OLD cars and trucks…about six of them displayed very similarly.