How do I register my car

That’s the kind of question that may come up, but the State may well know if Dealer 2 bought out Dealer 1, etc. I’m just suggesting that it’s a good idea to know what you want, and to ask for it.

Really ?
If I owed dealer #1 $10000 when he sold the business don’t you think dealer #2 would want to collect ??

I think we are getting a little confused and there is information we don’t know. If dealer 2 bought the “business” which included the assets and the liabilities, then it would be on the hook the same as if dealer 1 had continued business. We don’t know that though and its possible dealer 2 just bought the floor plan and maybe buildings but didn’t buy the dealership. Then he would have no liability to the former customer unless some wacky judge ordered it.

Unless this was a pay here place, dealers don’t finance cars and don’t let cars off their lots if they are not paid for. That’s what banks are for. When they get paid, their obligation is to do what is necessary to secure the title for the customer. So somewhere along the line the paperwork and checks did not get submitted. You need to figure out who dropped the ball in order to correct it if possible.

1 Like