How difficult is it to store a car for a long time, and have it still function when needed?

No offence intended, I wasn’t aware that the Mitsubishi 6 with a turbo option was offered on a TC, let alone with with a 5 speed option.

I actually have a version of that Mitsu 6 in a 2004 Hyundai GT, built under license and it’s low end torque is pretty impressive.

It wasn’t, the Mitsubishi V6 was the common naturally asperated engine. The turbo engines were the Chrysler Turbo II and the Maserati assembled 16 valve 2.2 L turbo engine.

I am going to update this thread. As much as I want this car, I had a lengthy discussion with my wife, and she just isn’t having it. She made clear to me that 3 vehicles for 2 people is plenty, and she simply does not want any more cars parked on our property.

Although I could, in theory sell my Daewoo once it is put back together and running well, she feels that it doesn’t make sense to do this, because I spent so much time and money working on this car, and any other car I buy might have more problems in the future. She wants me to drive the vehicles that we already have, and spend my limited free time with her and our son–not collecting and working on cars that she doesn’t even like. Therefore, I have made the difficult decision to let this classic car pass me by.

Just exactly what was this " Classic Car " ? Maybe someone might want to PM you and check on it for themselves .

1991 Dodge Spirit equipped with the 2.5L NA engine, 3-speed automatic, optional front bench seat. What a great car, but apparently I already have too many vehicles, and won’t be able to get this one.

1 Like

Well don’t feel bad. It’s probably for the best. When I was a kid I remember my dad brought home a cute cocker spaniel one night. My mom said either the dog goes or she goes-and she was serious. Took it back the next night where ever it came from.

Dodge Spirit a classic? I’m roflmao. More like a classic POS. Age does not make a car that no one wanted when new any more desirable.

4 Likes

10-15 years ago I had a regular customer who had a '92 Spirit for his daily driver. He was the finance manager at a Euro car dealer. He had a 35 mile one-way commute and we kept that Spirit on the road to over 200,000 miles with not much more than routine maintenance and a complete A/C system replacement. I used to have a picture of the front of that car, he outfitted the hood with a Jaguar hood ornament and mounted a BMW emblem square in the grille. When he retired he sold the car to a high school kid on his block and that kid ended up taking the car to college.

I always thought those cars had a comfortable seating position and were pretty economical to operate.

2 Likes

Wise choice. Happy wife, happy life.

4 Likes

Wow, the very definition of sunk cost…

Unbelievably, I’d suggest you scrap the Daewoo and replace it with…I can barely type this…with the '91 Spirit.

A 91 Spirit would not be an upgrade to ANY car but this one…

3 Likes

Actually I think I rented one some years ago. It was the only car I had to take back to get another.

For me, that was a Dodge Caliber rental… the biggest POS I’ve ever driven, and I used to drive a lot of different cars to evaluate their performance as part of my job.

My worst rental was a Daihatsu. A brand new car and it rattled terribly. At least the top speed was about 25 mph. I would have been concerned if I had to go over 50 in it.