How could this cost over $7600?

Take the money and run!!!

Read meaneyedcatz, he makes the case for multiple estimates. If you don’t treat this as a business transaction, then do not be surprised if you get shafted in the deal.

BTW, if you take the money, you might look at the Ford Transit connect van, the model that has been discontinued. Good deals available on them right now and they would make a perfect handicap van, but the conversion may cost a lot more if you have a powered rear door and ramp installed and the drivers seat remove with a system that uses the wheel chair as the drivers seat.

Hmmmmm keith. I had to look that up. Some models do have a left hand suicide door, or a slider, but are they low enough to drag a chair into? Would the slider slide too far back to be reachable? Are power sliders available on the Transit Connect? Are the discontinued models the ones made in Turkey?

I wasn’t think of dragging the chair into it but a power door on the back with a power ramp and a latching mechanism in place of the drivers seat for a modified wheel chair.

But I found out something today. My wife is having limited mobility due to limited range of motion in some of her joints, so she has trouble getting into cars and trucks because she can’t bend her knee or ankle very far. We have tried a lot of them, but today, we tried the Subaru Legacy sedan. The doors are significantly larger and hinged further forward than most cars, she gets right in and out.

This could be another possibility for the OP.

A friend of mine called the other day saying that he had blown a back tire on his 19 year old BMW 325i. He had an estimate and an insurance check $2200+ to fix the damage. I asked him to bring it in for me to look at it. There was obvious rubber from the tire on the outside of the wheel well. I removed the spare, which he had put on after the blow out, to see what other damage there was. I found the whole inside of the wheel well was very clean. Some undercoating had been scrubbed off. So what? He used my buffer to buff out the quarter panel. He got a can of spray undercoating from A-Z and re-undercoated the wheel well. Is it perfect? Not quite, but it’s darned close. Besides, it’s 19 years old, and wasn’t perfect before the tire came apart. Total investment, about $8. He’ll pocket the rest and buy me a Chinese buffet sometime in January.

I suspect the OP has left the building.

A few years ago, my brother had a blow out on his car. The rim, inner fender liner and even the bumper were damaged. I’m not sure, but I believe the actual fender itself may have taken a beating.

I might add, that I had told him earlier that his tires were marginal at best, and he really needs to get a fresh set of tires. Anyways, the blowout occurred on the way to Vegas, on a hot day, after driving for awhile . . . and at high speed

You don’t have to hit anything to blow a tire. 55mph and low air in the tire will cause it to fail.