How cheap would you go...?

Oops!

106 inch pounds equals 8.8 foot pounds which is very little and no foot pound torque wrench will be that precise at that low number. So, tighten it by hand until it’s snug, and that’s it.

Thanks, I do have an In lb torque wrench, but I guess I won’t be using it for this project.

I appreciate the feedback.

As a college student $20 are fine.

The majority of even cheap parts last plenty long in a 10 yr old vehicle. The chances are extremely high these will be the last shocks.

Thanks to everyone for the decision help and the tips. I ended up having to cut/break off every bolt holding them on. The top wouldn’t budge, and all 4 nuts on the bottom broke necessitating me cutting the bolts. I’ve never been happier to own a 4’ grinder.

My front end it much happier now (and more stable) with no more bouncing and shimmying. I may do the back next month depending on funds, but I think they are okay for the time being.

Once again thank you!

You under-estimate how long I keep my vehicles. If I replace the shocks every 105,000mi then I’m in for at least one more swap.

cheers

I’ve owned two sets of Monroe Sensa-tracks…They were GREAT for the first 2 years…then after that they really stiffened up. Didn’t like the ride at all after that. They never failed, but the ride SUCKED…

Never had a problem with Bilstien (about the same price as the Monroe’s) or KYB even after 4-5 years.

My wife had the Sensa-tracks on her 87 Accord…they were fine also.

Rancho’s ARE Monroe but just sell at a higher price.

I luv Lifetime Warranty.
I bought my shocks with life time warranty, for my 91 Sonoma, same as your S10, and now the company does not carry that brand of shock any more.

I bought life time on my starter at Autozone 5 years ago and my starter went out last Nov and guess what Autozone does not carry them any longer either.

I got my lifetime warranty for my alternator back around 2000 and it went out last Nov also, true story, and guess what Advanced Auto parts stopped carrying them.

Gotta luv a life time warranty when no one carries the part you buy.