Hot lug nuts, no always, caliper or bearing?

Hi did that fix your problem at last? I kind of have the same problem with my car.

Yeah, it was the caliper. Like someone else said here, it was the only plausible explanation when you see it happening intermittently. It wasnā€™t as expensive to replace as I feared it was either.

On that note, I think it might be good to always keep an eye out on sales for rotors, pads, and calipers. They all need replacing eventually. Some calipers might last the lifetime of a car, but myself, on all the cars Iā€™ve had, the ones that I bought used at least and drove for 4+ years, Iā€™ve had to replace calipers on all of them.

I see itā€™s been 3 years. Yep, our second car I believe on the front, also needed calipers.

Alsoā€¦ I had a friend at one point do a cheap brake job done once. An enthusiast with his own hoist living in the country. All nicely done up in his garage. He was undergoing training to learn the more complex ropes. I figured great. So then during a vacation trip, 2 wheel heated up, one piping hot. Caught it just in time. Had to pay top dollar to replace 2 calipers at a dealer away from home during vacation. Turned out, and the mechanic showed me, that my friend mechanic did not lubricate the guides where the pads move through, so it got stuck. So yeah, thatā€™s the last time I saw that friend mechanic. I didnā€™t have the heart to tell him that he was not good at what he does.