Horse Hauling Hybrid

Can a Cheverolet Tahoe Hybrid pull a 2 horse bumper pull horse trailer???

I thought the horses were supposed to pull the wagon… Isn’t that the only reason people own horses? Oh, wait, that was a hundred and twenty years ago…I forgot horses have become little more than big dogs you can ride…

The towing capacity, if any, of a hybrid Tahoe will be listed under “specifications”…

You need to go to the owner’s manual for the towing capacity of the hybrid Tahoe.

A 2 horse bumper pull trailer, loaded with horses and gear should come in at 5,500 to 6,000 lbs. If the towing capacity is 5,000 lbs it is close to the limit and you’ll need to weigh your trailer, horses, and estimate the weight of food, tack, and water to see if you are over or under. If the towing capacity is 6,000 lbs or greater you should be fine.

Most 2 horse trailers come with electric brakes. If the Tahoe didn’t come with an electric brake controller you’ll need to have one installed on the vehicle.

It also depends on the size of the horses:

I recently rode my motorcycle down New York state’s Amish Trail, and I not only saw horses pulling carts on the road, I passed the workplace of a professional blacksmith! It was a nice ride if you don’t mind the smell.

mknewcar, I just checked Chevy’s web site, and according to the Tahoe brochure, the 4WD version can tow 6,000 lbs and the 2WD version can tow 6,200 lbs. The brochure is attached to this message.

Now that you have that information, all you need to figure out is how much your loaded trailer weighs. None of us know the answer to that question. If you are unsure, take it to a truck stop with a scale and weigh it.

Now that’s funny, thanks for the laugh!!!