Honey and Chocolate

Mopar, this is a revived 11 year old thread so I doubt Prankster Teen will see your response.

You’re right. I didn’t look at the origination date before I responded. I think the OP inflamed my temper.

I just finished using very very hot water and Dawn dish soap. Washed it inside of a heated garage, towel dried the car, and it looks brand new now.

“I just finished using very very hot water and Dawn dish soap”

… except that the Dawn stripped all of the wax from the car’s paint.
I’m very glad that you were able to remove all of that gunky stuff, but now you need to protect the paint by applying another coating of wax.

What is this “wax” of which you speak (in an 11-year-old thread)?:thinking:

Check out the fresh post two above yours.

I was aware of it, and acknowledged that I too responded to an old thread. :wink:

Thanks for the head’s up on the car wax. I googled how to remove honey and molasses from my car paint. This was the very first thing I found that was even close to my situation. I was happy to find it no matter how old it is. Whether it’s 11 years old or 8 hours old, it worked. Thanks again everyone.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You found the solution by yourself because this old post did not have a solution.

I used dish washing soap to was my Dodge for 15 years and it did not strip wax from the paint however I am speculating that the previous owner did not wax the car so therefore there would be no wax to be stripped.

So few people under 60 years of age wax their vehicles (where I live) that I think it is unlikely that there was wax removed while washing the car.