Honda or Toyota?

As for the Aveo you were right, it’s a horrible little car and definitely not in the same category as the Fit or Yaris.

it’s a shame GM thinks they can compete in this market when they buy these tins of crap and rebadge them. they are not comparible. FYI, this is a Daewoo and this is why they pulled out of north america to begin with.

I have to chime in on the Matrix. I researched very carefully when looking for a car with my preferences; gas mileage over 30mpg, inexpensive, a small wagon or 4 door hatchback, and quiet. I pondered and made multiple test drives of the Matrix and Fit. Sit behind the wheel of a Fit and reach over and squeeze the seat on the passenger side. I was amazed at how cheap it felt. Also, the interior of the Fit is all jet black, a fuzzy kind of fabric, and I felt it would be impossible to keep the car clean. The Fit was a fun car to drive on winding country roads and I appreciated that even though I am 64. The Fit is rated higher for mileage. Now, the Toyota. I have an '09 Matrix, automatic, and I average between 32 and 36 mpg. I don’t do a lot of city driving and I haven’t yet taken the car on the interstates for a vacation. I am impressed with the good mileage. My car interior is very nice and the quietness blows me away. I am very pleased with my choice of the Matrix. Granted, it cost more, but it has six airbags and dealers are very motivated to sell right now and I feel I achieved a decent price since I traded a rather tired '02 Focus wagon. If purchase price isn’t the major factor, I recommend the Matrix! Right now, I believe they are offering zero per cent financing. Funny, that is what resulted in my purchase of the Focus.

The Aveo is a much better car since GM bought Daewoo. It’s got a ways to go, but it is an acceptable car if price is mor of a concern than driving pleasure.

After driving the Yaris and liking the fuel economy, I would want to try the Fit, possibly for more comfort. Not much more, but maybe enough. Maybe the wipers and heater controls won’t be as goofy as the ones in the Yaris. I’m always hitting the wiper lever when I back out of the garage.