Honda Civic 2012 Tires Problems (with Firestone Affinity Tires )

I Had to change my tires today as the tires on my new car wore out at 23,000 miles. I had the same car and tires as the original poster.

Stoveguyy I can’t believe you are blaming a nail in your tire on the make of tire. About 2 months after buying my 2012 Camry, I had a nail in one of my Michleins. Never occured to me to inform my dealer, just went and had the tire patched.

No I am not blaming anyone for nail. I can’t even recall what this yr old thread was about?

“I Had to change my tires today as the tires on my new car wore out at 23,000 miles. I had the same car and tires as the original poster.”

It appears that the other thing that you had in common with the OP of this thread was failure to check tire pressure regularly.

While I will grant you that Firestone tires are not noted as being very good, and that original equipment tires rarely have good tread life, a car owner who fails to check his/her tire pressure at least once a month (and correct the pressure, as necessary) will never get as many miles from his/her tires as someone who takes the time to check & correct his/her tire pressure on a regular basis.