Hemi 7.2 high rpm when slowing

@UncleTurbo it is FI. And no no emissions limits, actual I removed the catalyst for not having back flow for the engine.

Removing the cat is OK, but you need the correct amount of back pressure in the exhaust system so this could be part of your problem. The intermittent symptoms could be something heat related. Does this problem occur when the engine is cold, or when fully warmed up? Perhaps you have an intake manifold leak due to a bad or poorly fitted gasket?

How sophisticated is the FI system? Is it all integrated, meaning all the sensors and PCM come from the same source? A vacuum leak, or manifold leak could be an installation problem that you need to address. If all is well there, then you need to deal with the FI system to see if you can reprogram the PCM and make sure all the sensors are online and functioning properly. MAF sensor and idle control sensors are important in the symptoms you describe.

UncleTurbo thanx, will check and let you know. So far all fittings are ok and no evidence of any leak. Have to check the idle control sensor maybe to be checked but so far there is no errors. I am trying to get a tunning done and see. Most of the issues happen when the engine is warmed. Specially the high rpm while shifting. Thanx anyway

@UncleTurbo thanx, will check and let you know. So far all fittings are ok and no evidence of any leak. Have to check the idle control sensor maybe to be checked but so far there is no errors. I am trying to get a tunning done and see. Most of the issues happen when the engine is warmed. Specially the high rpm while shifting. Thanx anyway

What’s the warm idle intake manifold vacuum reading? It should be around 18-20.

Did this engine come with its own computer to control it or are you using something aftermarket not supplied by Arlington engines?
I don’t know if you are getting in over your head but you are surely getting in over mine. Once you pass carburetor technology I am lost beyond cleaning a throttle body or using a stethoscope to listen to the fuel injectors.
As far as computer technology, I can barely operate this 10 year old Mac and I know I can’t fix it.
I do think that removing the Cat may have been a bad idea.