Help me choose a used car w/ over 200 HP

Mustang + winter tires = BINGO.
BTW I grew up near Berwick. Central PA doesn’t get that much snow and it gets plowed pretty quickly.

I doubt there is a V6 Altima with a manual. It is a nice car though.

I found a 2000 Altima with the 3.0L v6 and 5spd 90k miles. Any opinions for or against??

Correction; it is a maxima, not an Altima

You should test drive a Honda CRZ if you can find one with a manual transmission. It doesn’t have the 200+ hp you want, but it’s billed as a “sport hybrid,” so hp probably isn’t a good measure on its own to decide if you enjoy driving it. The electric drive probably makes up for the engine’s low hp rating.

Civic upgrade to maxima with 90k? Sounds better. It’s only money. If u don’t like it, try another car. Variety is the spice of life

I’m all too familiar with vehicular variety. I’ve only had a drivers license for 9 years and in the time I’ve had over 20 cars.

Good for you. 20 cars and you need to ask us which car you should buy?

1 car every 6 months? Either you have ADD with cars, or you trash them pretty quickly

here’s a $6000 200+hp sedan:
http://tinyurl.com/ljbrec8

I’ve trashed 1 or 2 but mostly the ADD thing. I actually take REALLy good care of my cars

The Maxima sounds like just what you were looking for all along. 90k miles isn’t too much as long as all the services are up to date and the clutch is in good shape.

The maxima fell through. Needed 2 axles, a muffler, and tires were rough. Most importantly however, that little 3.0L engine had about no power. I had only driven the 3.5L before and was impressed with that but the 3.0L didn’t seem to go anywhere. Frustrating…

If you’ve got an ADD thing, then we’re just enabling you. Seek treatment.

I am going to second a Mustang. The best way to put power onto the road is through the rear wheels. mustangs give you the best bang for the buck. The big disadvantage to owing one, is they are becoming all too common and it’s not that excluclsive owning one.

You might try swapalease.com and pick up someone’s unwanted lease. That way, you can turn the car back in after X amount of months. When that lease is up, go back to swapalease.com and find another car to finish out the lease on. You’ll either get tired of changing cars this way, or you’ll fall in love with the idea

If you can afford your automotive ADD, sure, go ahead and have fun trying out cars. If it’s messing up your life in general, do see a doctor. It could make a big difference in your life. But what to look for? Sigh.

@Ubergoober,the reason that car felt so lousy was because it was abused,I would about guarentee that a proparly maintained 3.0 Maxima would be satisfactory-Kevin (stay away from former Ricers)

Here ya go: http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/3897230524.html Not a bad price, either, but Danville, IL might be a bit far for you to go to buy a car.

They are not sedans but the Acura RSX and Scion TC maybe what you’re looking for.

He’d need the Type-S RSX to get his 201hp rating, along with the abysmal 140tq. But really, all the RSX is is a fancier Civic. And the tC doesn’t go over 200hp, even the newest ones.
And lets not forget the $6200 budget the OP has

I guess an 18 wheeler would be 200+ HP and be manual transmission.