From a distance, it is really hard to know what type of damage you may have caused by operating the engine until it overheated. That "hot" light doesn't just mean that the engine is hot. It means that it is TOO hot, and all kinds of damage can take place when an engine overheats.
And, then by continuing to drive for two more weeks after the overheating incident, God only knows what could have been taking place in your engine while it continued to run in a "too hot" condition. If you also didn't bother to check the dipstick for the motor oil during that period of time, then I really fear for the engine.
Yes, the engine could be "frozen" from having an insufficient concentration of antifreeze/coolant in the cooling system. This could result in a cracked engine block.
The overheating could have warped the cylinder head. The result could be insufficient compression for the engine to run.
It is also possible that the engine has a breached head gasket. This could be either the cause or the effect of the overheating. Also, a breached head gasket can cause the engine to "burn" the antifreeze and/or to contaminate/dilute the motor oil with antifreeze. If the motor oil has been diluted/contaminated with antifreeze, it is possible to destroy the engine's bearings, due to lack of proper lubrication.
I really don't think that you have any alternative other than having the car towed to a competent independent mechanic for examination. Just be prepared for some very bad news, and then if the news is not too dire you will be pleasantly surprised.