Headlight beam evenness

My low beams have some strange streaks in the lighting pattern. It is a rebuilt 06 Tundra. Had an 04 tundra before and didn’t have these, just even light. Just put new bulbs in. Any ideas?

You have two choices.

Bring it to a body shop, and for a small fee they’ll check if the headlights are aimed correctly.

Or, you can try and do it yourself.

https://www.ttundra.com/2035/adjustment.html

Tester

1 Like

poorly aimed headlights or low quality headlight housings, maybe both.

2 Likes

Can’t speak to an 06 Tundra, but I usually have to re-aim my (older) vehicle’s headlights after replacing the bulb. Fairly simple job. I’ve never noticed them off that much though, the aim usually just need to be diddled a little. Did you switch bulb technology, from oem to LED’s for example ? You might want just install another new right-side bulb, its aim looks way off.

Are they the original OEM bulb type or aftermarket? If aftermarket, there’s your problem.

And yes, streaks are very annoying to the eye.

Not LED bulbs, I hope.

Did it do this with the old bulbs or just after replacing them??

1 Like

I have found that aftermarket, affordable headlamp assemblies are a net gain over old worn originals, but they do have extraneous light that the OEMs do not.

I stick with the bulb number that is in the owners manuals, usually going with Silverstar.

Yes it was the same with the old bulbs. Going to adjust the lights today I think they are point too far down.

It looks like the right headlight beam passes over the left, the headlights are not aimed straight ahead.