Head

Can you describe what the face of those lifters looked like (pitted,concave,convex,odd wear pattern any mushrooming) I am trying to get a idea on the condition of the cam. What did you apply to the face of the lifter for break-in?. There is a water outlet on the intake that is made of some pretty low quality metal, I hope you took this oppourtunity to replace it.

Thanks sincerely for posting back with the follow-up. I’m truely glad to hear it’s working great.

VDC was right about my suspicions, but I’m truely pleased that I was apparently wrong. I tip my hat to you.

I still wonder whether about the “no compression” diagnosis, but I suppose it eally doesn;t matter as long as it’s fixed. Did you inspect the heads and valves when you removed it? How’d they look?

i did that head test and it did not leak i am keeping the old head and i am getting it pressure tested and steamed cleaned at napa they do that here for 100 bucks. i was looking at the rockers when i took them off and noticed that there was a washer between the nut and the that ball that the nut goes on i think that was the problem but that machanic was trying to get me for a grand