Head Gasket Repair

From the parts list it does appear they did the job; and changing the oil/filter is always a good sign.
Hopefully the job was done properly. The only issue I could see here would be if the cylinder head was warped and reinstalled like that. Inspecting the cylinder head for flatness is a must and that’s something we have no idea as to whether it was done or not.

Sometimes there will be a smell as oil and coolant traces burn off but those smells should disappear pretty quickly. It should not take 17 days and still exist after that time.

It’s starting to sound like a misdiagnosis but as to where the leak comes from I have no idea. About all I can suggest is either give the dealer one more chance or try another dealer; preferably the former at this point.
Make sure you get paperwork about the complaint even if no repair is performed.
You will need all of this if you have to go the Lemon route.

If they can’t solve this on the next visit (they could add dye to the oil and use a UV light as an aid) then ask the service manager to bring corporate Ford into this.
Lemon laws vary by state but generally it’s around 3 visits for the same problem, X number of days lost due to no car, etc.

I had the car to the dealer 4 times. 2 visits were diagnostic and 2 were repair attempts. The first attempt was tightening the oil pan bolts the second attempt was the gasket replacement. I concluded 4 visits to the same dealer was enough so…I’ve started with a new dealer. We’re in the diagnostic phase. The dealer added oil dye, we drive the car for 300 miles and call the dealer to set up the next visit.

Michigan lemon law says 4 visits for the same issue (I’m assuming that doesn’t include diagnostic visits but I don’t know that for sure) and/or 30 days total in the dealer within the warranty period.

Does the dealer have to call in corporate Ford? I assume from your post that’s different than the 800 number (customer service) printed in the warranty booklet. Anyways when I asked the last dealer if he was going to contact Ford or if I had to - that set him off! He said I didn’t need to go over his head he could get the car fixed. That clinched my decision to go see another dealer.

The oil leak is fixed (again). The Service Manager at dealer 2 told me the valve cover gasket was “rolled” when the valve cover was reinstalled following the head gasket replacement. This resulted in a slight oil leak. I noticed the burning oil smell is gone when the car is idling (e.g. when stopped at a traffic light). If for some reason the leak reappears, my next thread will be about pursuing my complaint with Ford and perhaps a lemon law remedy.

Sounds Good! Thanks For Getting Back To Us! Good Luck!
You mean they’re actually using formed gaskets, again? Wow.
CSA