Hanook Optimo H725 Tires

I purchased a used rental 4Dsedan with 30K miles over a year ago. It now has 41K miles and the front tires are “gone”, but the rear tires are excellent (lots of tread). These tires are rated best by Consumer Reports. Front tires have symptom of Over Inflation, excessive wear at the center of the tread by tread wear indicators. Being a rental car is this more likely or could just the weight of front be a cause???

Without rotating the tires, the fronts will last many fewer miles than the rear (on a fwd car). You can get 2 new tires, put them on the rear, and check that the pressures are correct, per the sticker on the car (use a good tire gauge first thing in the morning).

Also, at the end of a tire’s life the uneveness in wear can look much greater than it actually is, with the center looking bald, while the sides have tread - but only a little tread.

Tire wear is a pretty complex area, and if you don’t know the history behind both the tires and the vehicle, it’s almost impossible to determine what the cause of the wear pattern is.

Buy new tires and move on.

If the tires are not rotated periodically the fronts will almost always were out faster than the rears.

When you buy new tires, have the tire shop install them on the REAR, and move the rear tires to the front. I know it seems counterintuitive, but that’s the safest set-up.

The newest tires should always be on the rear axle.

You don’t give the bramd and model of the car, so I’ll assume it is a front wheel drive. If the tires weren’t rotated the front tires on FWD cars wear a lot faster than the rears on some models.

As a rental the driver(s) are unknown and some of them may have been “lead foots” on the gas and brakes. Get new tires of matching make and tread design if possible and put them on the rear. Then rotate the tires every 10K miles.

When they put the new tires on have them inspect the all your brake pads for wear. Since the front tires are worn the front brakes might be worn too.