Gurgling sound at startup/ Ticking at acceleration

I have a 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis that runs great and overall has been an awesome and very reliable car. Recently I have noticed whenever I start up the engine I can hear this weird kind of gurgling sound that is in cadence with the engine and it will get faster as I step on the gas whether in park or in gear. It goes away after a minute or so, but the other annoyance that I have noticed is that there is a light ticking sound whenever I accelerate (Only when the car is in drive). The car does not make the ticking at startup or when it is idling, only when it is in drive and it is especially more noticeable when I am driving up hills. The check engine light does not come on and I have just had the oil changed and coolant changed at the dealer. Any ideas what it could be, and is this an expensive type of repair?

If you’re not low on coolant, it sounds like you may have an air bubble in there somewhere. If you take the radiator cap off, and park the car such that it’s on a slight incline with the front higher, then run it with the cap off for a while, it may help to get the air out.

The ticking may be an exhaust leak.