Grand Vitara clutch, flywheel (in fact entire assembl)y burns out in 7000 miles, is this normal?

@jesmed, please understand that I’m not dismissing the OP’s complaint. Only pointing out that a lot of missing info could make a difference in formulating an opinion.
The OP hasn’t even clarified how many, what kind of, or anything else in regards to prior cars.

I don’t remember if you were around this forum about 7 or 8 years ago but a lady posted about a clutch problem on her just purchased VW New Beetle and was concerned because warranty would not cover the repair.
Apparently she was teaching her daughter to drive a manual and the daughter knocked the clutch out on the second day of new car ownership. It happened that quickly and near as I can remember and to her credit, she was somewhat philosophical about the failure and why warranty would not pay up on it.

What she should have done is just not say anything at all to the VW dealer about why the clutch went and she would probably have been home free on a warranty clutch job seeing as how the car was only 2 days old.

What would I prefer the dealer do in the OP’s case? Fudge the cause of the clutch failure and try to force the warranty claim through. Doctor a part up to pass muster and hope for the best… :slight_smile:

@ok4550, you could well be right. I took the OP’s statements about his sister’s experience driving a manual at face value, but I tend to be too trusting and have been burned more than once because of it. You are probably the wiser man to ask for more info before making a judgment. :wink:

Car clutches engage at different levels and if one is accustomed to riding the clutch at one level, it may not be a problem. Quick reacting clutches with very little play may react differently. I am inclined to believe that is the problem. Your sister, if this is true, needs to adjust her driving style to the clutch. Otherwise, I would never buy a Suzuki as problems like this ( other then the clutch) where mechanics have had poor training and parts hard to get has been been the norm in my experience with their products. I like @volvov70 and @ok4450 suggestions too.

I took the OP’s statements about his sister’s experience driving a manual at face value, but I tend to be too trusting and have been burned more than once because of it.

And you can bet the dealership service dept hears that kind of thing every single day. There is no way they are going to blindly believe “it’s been happening from day one” without a prior complaint on record. Too many people try that kind of stuff to get free work done so when someone is actually telling the truth, it gets lost in the mountain of those that were probably stretching the truth…

I’m starting to think the OP is a troll. He makes a statement like “My foot hurts, I know its not my shoes, what’s wrong?” and refuses to provide any additional information. I am not going to speculate or argue with any of the regulars over this as clearly, this is what the OP is hoping for.

@keith, it seems pretty common here for posters to leave a vague question and then fail to follow up. Seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

When the regulars don’t rally in support OPs move on looking for sympathetic keyboards elsewhere it seems. We need to be more supportive I guess. Offer suggestions for storming the dealer’s shop, maybe.

This OP might come back looking for a refund.Someone warn the brothers.