Going to try BlueDevil Head gasket sealant, your tips/advice

A friend of mine did the Blue Devil thing on a 4.6L Ford engine in his son’s F150. It held for about two years and 20K miles. Then it blew again @ 225K miles, so he treated it again. That was about three weeks ago. So far it is still holding. Sometimes it’s tough being poor.

Hey back again. I still haven’t brought the BlueDevil yet. Have a friend who knows a mechanic who can fix the head gasket for about 500$ I am really considering this option because I may need this car for awhile and I can’t afford any mishaps.

@gdawgs‌ how long ago did you use to stuff and what brand?

What do you all think of this video. He is highly regarded as far as youtube mechanics go:

ARE YOU F . . K . . G KIDDING ME . . . ?!

THAT GUY IS A CERTIFIED WACKO . . . !

I think db4690 is being extremely diplomatic by referring to Kilmer as a certified wacko…

His fans are just like the ones who appreciate Justin Bieber as a musician…

1 Like

Save your money until you can pay for and have performed a proper head gasket fix. You’ll be glad that you did and won’t have to worry if the Steel Seal or Blue Devil is gonna “hold”. you’ll also have a clean and more efficient cooling system, new antifreeze, no gunk in the system to plug it up. Good choice, now stop watching YouTube mechanics like this guy, he kinda looks like the American photo journalist in Apocalypse Now (Dennis Hopper) and sounds a little “off”. Good luck! Rocketman

I like" eric the car guy" on you tube, and bleepin jeep.

are there any old ford pick up gurus out there on you tube?

I m pretty much past the point where I need one anymore, but I wouldn t mind learning some new tricks

Blue Devil (and another product) have allowed me to get from 195K miles to 245K miles on the 5.4L engine in my wife’s Ford Excursion. It is not a permanent fix as I’ve retreated once in this interval (just recently). The vehicle has always had some coolant loss, but it maintains the pressurized hot tank level better now than it did at 50K miles, so my experience with the product has been positive. Be sure to follow the directions as it is not just “pour and drive” as the car should be allowed to cool off after the initial treatment.

Why are you reviving old threads just to promote ’ Snake Oil ’ remedies ?