Get ready for the new GAC

LOL, yeah, and while we were looking down on these cars we were buying Vegas and Pintos! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

To paraphrase Tonto, what do you mean by “we” Kemosabe?
:wink:

I owned a rock-solid reliable Charger at the same time that my brother and his first wife had that POS Datsun and a Barracuda that was the worst-assembled car that I ever saw.
My big mistake was trading-in that Charger on a Volvo, in the interest of getting better gas mileage.
In the process, I went from a car that never gave me any problems to one that gave me nothing but problems!
:confounded:

Sounds like that Datsun 310 was pretty faithful to the MG tradition.

Except that GM sells a lot of Buicks in China and they sell nothIng here. There were 920,000 Buicks sold there in 2014. A million to none is a long way to go if GAC or any other Chinese manufacturer wants to count on US sales as GM counts on Buick sales in China.

I mean many of us who were looking down on riceburners. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
But I learned my lesson in '76 when I bought my first Corolla. Every morning I’d go out, start the car, and drive anywhere I wanted all day long. No breakdowns, no operating problems, the body didn’t start to rattle, I didn’t receive a recall every now & then, the thing just did everything I asked of it without complaint. It was an eye-opener for me. Until I bought my Corolla, I had no idea a car could be that reliable. I was truly stunned.

Yes, owning a 1992 Honda truly opened my eyes to how much more reliable Japanese cars were, as compared to their US-designed counterparts.
After that Accord, I began buying Subarus, and found that they were even more reliable than my trusty '92 Honda.