Geo Storm Gas Milage Improvement?

He shouldn’t spend another penny until he checks the compression.

4 Likes

Yes it is an automatic, I checked the coolant and it looked fine, it was upto the top in the radiator, and was a pretty clean green color.
I told him to not get the short ram but he still did.
I have to wait to hear what the outcome of his mpg is though, still waiting on that statistic.
I was thinking his throttle body is binding in some way which would be why it would remain high rpms even when not pressing the gas, I didn’t think of it being the cable though, he changes the idle control sensor.
The fan kicking on I couldn’t think too much what would cause that either than a bad fan, but I guess a bad thermostat could probably or low coolant, since it’s heating faster cause there’s less so that would make sense.
I was thinking his rpm issue could be something in his fuel system, Throttle Body, Fuel Pump/Rail/Injector etc.
He changes the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and the distributor cap but not the rotor.
When we changed the spark plug wires he connected them incorrectly at first and it was firing on 3 cylinders, but it seems that we got all 4 working.