Gas Tank Fill Right or Left?

@the_same_mountainbik What the heck does it mean? I may fall forward? Now having update msds books to sds books.

Can the dogs read this sign?

1 Like

Here is a suggestion for those who drive more than one vehicle on a regular basis, especially if those vehicles have the gas filler on different sides:

Just before you approach the pumps, simply ā€œpopā€ your remote gas filler control, and then look in your side-view mirrors in order to see which side of the car has an obviously protruding gas filler door.

(Note: This suggestion is a no-go on American makes that do not have a remote control for the gas filler door.)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a really good idea

All you kids with a fancy schmancy unlock the fuel door thingy, good idea, but it takes me time to find that thing in my wifes new car, as i put gas in it rarely, as I recall, would have to check think it is a button on the bottom side of the driver door! First time I I had to take the car on a road trip solo remembered there was a release in the trunk as the new car intro from the dealer showed us that alternative, opened the trunk and released it from there.

My understanding is that itā€™s supposed to represent disabled people as more able. I think itā€™s an insult, a signal that we somehow need extra help feeling enabled from the signs. They do junk like this and still allow stores to do things like put the handicap spaces way off in the corner of the parking lot (where I am it seems most of them are as far away from the door as possibleā€¦ perhaps so the regular customers wonā€™t have to watch us crips struggle), and use the handicap spaces to pile the snow in during the winter when they plow the parking lots. Oh, and countless retail establishments donā€™t have handicap doorsā€¦ they put a sticker with a phone number to callā€¦ so the handicapped can sit in the rain waiting for assistance to comeā€¦ maybe. Our own community colleges donā€™t have handicap doors. They have ramps, but no way for a wheelchair-bound person to open the door. The state opened a new liquor store five or so years ago in Salem (in NH the state owns all liquor stores) and placed ā€œhybrid cars onlyā€ signs right outside the doors and put the handicap spaces off to the sides. There was a huge public stink, so they had to change it, but it never should have happened.

Yes there are design errors for people in wheelchairs like at the assisted living my mother in law is in. the elevator stops on the first floor, then there is a 15ā€™ 15 degree (my guess) ramp ending in a 90 degree turn to go down and actually reach floor level, she has to have a helper to go down and up the ramp, She is afraid of freewheeling down the ramp and hitting the wall is not unreasonable.

@the_same_mountainbik at least handicap spaces are closest here, followed maybe by seniors, but no hybrid designated parking.

I see barriers for disabled drivers everywhere. I know that in NH the state requirements are clear, but totally unenforcedā€¦ and maybe not even enforceable. The site parking lot plans are reviewed by only the local building inspector if at all, and there is no requirement for the inspector to know the guidelines. And there is no compliance auditing after the site is finished. Thereā€™s a KFC in Hooksett that has its handicapped spaces behind the building next to the dumpsters. I registered a complaint, but itā€™s owned by a ā€œgroupā€ in Mass and managed by their managers, who frankly couldnā€™t care less. I was told by the site manager that heā€™s passed countless customer complaints along to the owners and they just ignore them. Thereā€™s a FedEx (formerly Kinkos) in Concord that has its handicap spaces off to the side down a slope of perhaps 33% (15 degrees). I could write a book with the number of bad setups Iā€™m aware of . Fact is, the politicians give a lot of lip service to the disabled, but in the real world nobody gives a damn.