FYI Resolved 2006 Toyota Corolla Problem - ECU Fixed

Just to let folks know who own a 2006 Toyota Corolla that suddenly stops running with no warning and the check engine light, the oil pressure light and the battery light come on…In my car, it was an ECU problem. Apparently several 2006 Corollas have suddenly been taken to the same local Toyota dealership service department with the same problem (per the service manager). Just wanted folks to know in case they should have the same problem as I did.

Thanks sincerely for your post. Not only is it nice to hear the results, but the knowledge will almost certainly help another.

I’m happy to hear it’s fixed.

Happy holidays

I’m glad to hear this was fixed. Back in 2006 when I was looking for a new car, I test drove the Corolla and really liked it. I then did some research, found this problem, and it scared me from purchasing the car (my previous car, a 2000 Nissan Maxima, had multiple computer problems and I didn’t want to live through that again). I bought a Scion xA instead, which is a much smaller car but also very reliable.

I’m so glad they fixed it. I wish it hadn’t been a problem in the first place or I would be driving a nice Corolla today :slight_smile:
Cheers!
elcuc0