Full Synthetic 0W-20 engine oil change interval

Again you are faulting manufacturers for publishing information in the owners manual that is required by the EPA. The oil used during the EPA certification process is the oil that must be listed in the owners manual.

During the last decade the people voted for a politician that promised cleaner air, cars that got better fuel economy and a million electric cars on the road by 2015. The people voting do not understand the complexity, costs and compromise involved with these changes.

I read the first page of Toyota complains in your Consumer Affairs link, some of us are familiar with those engine problems and those engines use 5W30 engine oil. Perhaps the switch to 0W20 is the solution to some of those problems.

some people filter what they read, so that the end result is . . . they see what they want to see

same thing goes for hearing, I suppose

That doesn’t just apply to motor oil

“You want to refuse the fact that 4 of the top 10 cars…are Toyotas.” That’s falsehood you fabricated. Just because I didn’t comment on it, you just decided to take that and put a negative twist that apparently you have been wanting to do.

That’s why you made sure you first stated now in your latest post that my link has 244 reviews and complaints. Why didn’t you validate that the other 3+ times you looked at the link?

I looked at your link of the Top Ten Cars, and found in the Prius reviews that there are 95 one star reviews, & 69 two star reviews, which only support the mostly one star reviews of the Camry, all of these showing Toyota’s had/has some serious problems, and they need to clean house.

And since you can’t find something that is as easily seen, after you looked for it 4 times, here it is:

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

949,292 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.

Sorrry took it from a website I thought you trusted, and would respect the results. Sure there have been possibly

but the fact that there are only 244 complaints against the camry since 2003 is a fact
The 4 toyota models in the top ten is not fabricated, it is on their website.
Repeat the link for you

Now deal with it in the reality that it exists.

And how do you know how many times I have looked at it? you are obviously linked in somehow, email me HAHA, and I will respond via instagram

2 Likes

@cdaquila Carolyn , I stopped reading this thread because it will never have a conclusion . But will it set a record for number of posts?

2 Likes

Selective hearing. A word of advice. If you’re sitting on the couch with your Wife trying to watch something you are interested in on TV while she is constantly yakking. You will eventually get an elbow in the ribs followed by the question: “Have you been listening to anything I have been saying”? There is no correct answer. An honest no will result in a pissed off Wife. Yes will result in a pop quiz with a more pissed off Wife. Lose, lose.

4 Likes

Sarge, wives never “yak”, they are communicating or relating. Don’t you watch daytime TV? That’s why I have a big garage, and a shop, and an office. Ad she thinks I should get a hearing aid? Tee hee.

1 Like

**A class action lawsuit was filed on the 2007 Toyotas, and they included many models: 2007-2009 Toyota Camry; 2007-2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid; 2007-2008 Toyota Solara; 2009 Toyota Corolla; 2009 Toyota Matrix; 2006-2008 Toyota RAV4; 2007-2008 Scion Tc; 2008-2009 Scion Xb. To me, such major screwups make me wonder about the competency of the engineering at Toyota.

In response to your other comment on the politics involved, I totally agree. Many of “the people” are truly sheeple, so brainwashed by the lying and party controlled media, and the leftist educational system created by those in power to advance their own agenda & enhance their pocketbooks, has so twisted children’s brains, they are incapable of objective thought and decision of their own, This corrupt political system has for decades been forcing transformation to their ideology. The EPA follows that agenda, so is it any wonder the people have been left as puppets to manipulate, so is it any wonder they control automobiles to this degree and the majority of citizens do not understand, as you state it, the complexity, costs and compromise that cleaner air and better fuel economy entail? While a reduction in pollution is not a bad thing, it is like p*ssing in the ocean when California breathes toxic fumes that reach over the ocean to them from China? And there is no open political discourse considered acceptable unless it follows a prescribed politically correct, leftist agenda. What does this all have to do with cars? Everything, if your eyes are open to see it, but it seems most refuse to…

I think the EPA has not gone far enough, and you think they have gone too far you must love, love leaded gas, mercury emissions, and particulate matter?

1 Like

I agree. Another OP that asks a simple question but will not accept any logical advise from experienced experts.Their internet search arguments are data anyone could access. Juvenile behavior leads me to think of an 8th grade Middle School 13 year old. This “train wreck” needs to be closed.

1 Like

It seems that Toyota is the industry leader in redesigning pistons 5 years after the sale but all manufactures deal with common failures with certain engines.

There have always been failures that develop in real world customer use that did not occur during testing. Manufactures spend millions on product testing but cannot find every flaw due to time restrains.

1 Like
1 Like

WhyBully

All my information is not just from “internet search arguments…anyone could access.” But, few bothered to even look at that which I gave links to. Juveniile behavior leads me to think of 6th grade or lower mentality that simply bully, antagonize, belittle, and exhibit puffed-up egos a pin could deflate and collapse. FYI, your can’t speak to Master Toyota Techs on an internet search, nor can you speak to a major researcher in the field of petroleum analysis. Yet this is all dismissed by many of the posters of the 'ol chum club that defends each in their group, and hijacks threads on this site.

A “train wreck” describes the hostile, endless, and empty replies that comprise the majority of those who think they own the boards on this site. Those replies are what needs to be closed, and yours is one of them.

Then she offered this @Barkkydog

it might suit some in this discussion

“To try to get others to like them”

If that was your plan . . .

1 Like

I posted the list to describe others’ behavior, not my own. Some people don’t know how to read correctly, aka as demonstrated by not being able to find material in a big, blue box on a website they needed the link multiple times, and still couldn’t find it…

What, exactly, did he tell you?

1 Like

With nothing but constant attacks, belitling, and abuse here, I don’t see the purpose in providing material to those who could care less, but simply wait for my next response to attack it. I’ve never dealt with such a bunch that act like pres-adolescents with ego issues.

Seriously? You have a chance to present actual information and you chicken out now, after all you’ve posted? My benefit of the doubt just disappeared.

5 Likes

Or maybe they just reach their tolerance limit and their head explodes?

When I see these long responses though it reminds me of high school journalism class. The first shock to us little snow flakes was when the teacher told us no one cares what we think so take that out of your articles. The second was we’d write maybe a two page article for the paper, and by the time we got done editing out all the extraneous stuff, we’d be down to a paragraph or two. Interesting that that paragraph said the same thing as the two pages without all the extras. It takes a little work though.

The teacher was correct though and provided a life lesson remembered for 50 years. A third was never go on an over-night trip with him. Now they’d throw him in jail, but back then we just avoid being alone with him.

3 Likes