Fuel pump? Or distributor? Or what

None should be driving a 20+ yr old civic. Tell ur hubby to buy u a newer car

Gees I would still be driving my 71 nova except I traded it in 1990 for a more fuel and oil efficient car to make a 90 mile a day commute. It is a regret!

I never listened to people telling me I shouldn’t be driving a 30 year old car to commute. Why should she. People have a right to decide for themselves how much to spend on cars or anything else. For example today I removed the body from my 1978 I-H Cadet 85, tomorrow I will look to see why it suddenly won’t move in any gear.

Sure I could buy a new mower but they don’t make 32" ones anymore and a 42 " mower won’t fit through my back gate.

This one’s barely broke in. Hondas last forever. I don’t have a monthly payment and cheap registration :slight_smile:

I emphatically agree with those who say that nobody has the right to be judging your car except you. Our job here is to help you solve your problem, not tell you what to do with your budget.

So ignition switch fixed the problem of when I turn the key and let go it would die. But it’s still not wanting to start. I know ppl say pumping the gas does nothing but I swear that’s the only way I can get it to start. So it’s probably the fuel pump? My husband doesn’t work as a mechanic anymore but has buddies that still do so when he has a min he’s going to hook it to a fuel gauge

The husband has friends who are mechanics, why are they not answering these questions and helping.

I’m also asking to try help him figure it out