Fuel mileage

It’s also far more HUMID! In tropical countries the A/C really works hard.

I want to thank all of you for your input it has been very helpful and I’ve actually learned about my car. Merry Christmas and thanks again dan

By what methodology did you use to come with the conclusion that you were getting a combined 32 MPG in a car that is rated for 22 MPG? That’s a significant difference. Your current mileage figures are much more in line with what the car should be getting

Ah, but the amount of humidity in the air passing through the evaporator has no effect on the load the compressor places on the crankshaft!

Although if the car were a fancy-dandy high-end luxury car with a climate control system that activates the AC system for humidity as well as heat, I could see your point.

mine is one of those fancy cars with all the bells and whisles its all automatic climate control but I used air conditioner up north as well also fuel mileage sounds high and it didnt start that high I think 29 was average mpg highway changed to synthetic oil and premuim fuel and thats what I got 33 to 35 although 35 only on the highway soon as I pulled off went down to 33 thanks again for all youre help dan