Fuel Induction Service: Necessary or Not?

Never drive a vehicle when it’s misfiring unless u wanna buy new cats or an engine. VW had an issue with their high pressure fuel pumps from causing excessive cam lobe wear I would look into that but first if plugs were done I would be doing the coils next and def fuel induction service

First off…these Fuel induction services have been around for DECADES…LONG BEFORE Direction injection was used in vehicles.

Second…The OP’s vehicle is NOT direct injection…so YES it’s a scam. There might be a need for these fuel induction series on SOME direct injection systems…but in general they’re a scam.

Even with direct injected engines, some manufacturers are getting clever on “when” and the direction the fuel is injected, with the intent of catching the backside of the intake valve while it’s still open.

I read one report a while back on an engine doing double injection. One was for the normal combustion, and the 2nd one was a much smaller one just to wash the intake valve.

I have a somewhat different take on servicing induction systems. I have long been a skeptic about this service, but now that I’m an old geezer, I don’t do as much work on my car anymore, and I trust my dealer. So, when I got to the 35K mile service on my Ford Fusion, they recommended the fuel induction service, and I got it. I discovered another 5-10 HP from my engine that had slowly eroded since buying the car. It runs like new.

While I’m sure that my car would probably run alright for several more years without it, I truly believe that the improvement in horsepower I got after that service was the result of that service. While dealers may be using these services as cash cows, there’s a reason they’re in the manufacturer’s service manual, and it isn’t for the purpose of picking the car owner’s pocket,

Was this measured?
Or perhaps you’re just feeling a clean vs dirty throttle body that opens quicker at low settings.

Not measured, but a significant performance boost between 1200 - 3000 RPMs.

BTW, I told my wife to get the same service yesterday, and she noticed a significant improvement in performance as well

Regardless, the point is the same, While your car might run reasonably well for years without the service, getting that service when recommended is likely to noticeably improve your car’s performance. It’s not just a way for the dealer to get your money.

Ok! Sounds great, but what about later once you have the problems the come with the valves build carbon and you get misfire codes and car is running rough?