Frozen lug to busted bearing? Is it possible? Or just lucky?

Ok yall ready for this? The final chapter…

So I went to take it to get the center bearing repaired. Battery was dead from sitting while I did the research. So I got a jump. Ran it a while. Next morning wont start, dead battery. I pull the battery and charge it over night. Next morning wont start battery dead.
Next morning I go to pull the battery to take to replace dead battery.

Car is gone.

Spend more than three hours checking police/city tow. Nada. Gone. Stolen.

Made a police report.

Cars gone. A flat tire >>> to stolen car.

Amazing.

Wow what a saga. Maluminse, sorry for your troubles.

But I wanted to chime in on a particular aspect of the original report.:

WARNING: NEVER apply a torch to a wheel or anything close to an inflated tire. The tire could explode and people have been killed by exploding tires.

If you must, completely deflate the tire by taking the valve core out. Even then, apply heat slowly.

Here’s a video:

Wow; talk about piling on.
It would be a bit unusual for someone to heist a car with a dead battery of all things so one would think it may have involved a small tow rig of some sort. None of the neighbors saw or heard anything?

Regarding exploding tires, there was a full service station near my house when I was a kid and a 1.5 ton truck tire blew up on an employee there. It put the guy in the hospital for 2 weeks and flattened most of the shoulder high concrete block wall between the wash bay and lube bay.

The only son of one of my lifelong friends was killed instantly about 10 years ago when a truck tire blew up on him. Apparently he was following procedure but there was a problem with the tire cage and OSHA fined the company over it. My friend for months on end came very close to ending it all himself over this (can’t blame him) and he did lose his wife.

The neighbor saw two guys with vests on. He even had video but ‘accidentally’ let it get taped over. I told him I wanted it.

Oh and they towed it.

@obd2life

Thanks for quoting me!

I’m flattered

Seriously, I am

However, this is not the place to be promoting your stuff